Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Welcome May! Beautiful Antique P.J. Redoute` Early Botanical Prints of Iris

  Hi everyone! Welcome to you all.
Today is the first of May. A month with mothers day and my birthday. For the last several years one of the places I like to go (after a brunch) is to a local iris farm. Row after row of  all kinds of blooming iris. My mother always had irises in our garden. I came across P.J. Redoute` volumes of botanical prints at my favorite online library https://archive.org/ I was first introduced to Redoute by a dear friend who was planning a rose garden. She had a book of his work featuring roses. The pictures below are from various volume's dating back to 1806-1812. Be sure and  click for a larger version. Blue is my favorite color so these are all blue. 
I wish that the month of May be full of good things for you!
Much love to you all, Louise

2 comments:

Wendy said...

beautiful prints...thank you for sharing!

marda said...

Love the iris prints. One of my favorite flowers. The little May calendar page is just perfect for May birthdays/Mother's Day cards.