Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Traditional Victorian Santa Images free for your use Antique ephemera

In the next few months there are lots of holidays coming up. I know that many of you are already thinking of decorations and planning greeting cards. So I have set up posts to be posted automatically on certain days. You will have something to look forward too each week. Mondays will be a day for Christmas cards and images. Wednesday will be dedicated to Halloween. In November Thursdays will be for Thanksgiving. There will be more each week as the holiday gets closer.
Today's images are from antique postcards. From approximately 1880 to 1900.I have selected ones that feature Saint Nicholas or Santa Claus. The stores put out their Christmas merchandise so early each year. Now I am starting in September?!
Much love to you all, Louise





4 comments:

Rosie Guiher said...

Thank you so much for the santa's!

marda said...

Beautiful Christmas cards. Thanks for sharing.

Annette said...

Beautiful cards and thanks for being so giving.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Funny how life happens.... I was just thinking about creating a page on my site called 'My Button Collection' and here you have a whole blog about buttons and other wondrous treasures.

I want to collect the buttons of some of my favorites so that I can share them with others. And it's a bit of a fall back on that old tradition of collecting pretty buttons in jars and boxes for the next new sewing project.

My first time visit -- loved it -- and now I'm following so I won't lose you in cyberspace!

Wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places......